- Illinois Catalog BADM 590: Program Capstone
- Offered in Fall Term (Nov-Dec)
The Capstone Course is the final course of your University of Illinois MBA degree. This course is the last after the completion of all the required curriculum modules. This short course is case-based and designed for teams. The teams are formed as it was done in other capstones.
The course is designed to bridge the ‘knowing-doing’ gap, challenging you to apply your iMBA courses, work experience, industry acumen, business knowledge, and skills. This pushes your iMBA experience into a direct learning environment that involves problem-solving, analysis, communication and develops your ability to apply iMBA coursework.
Gies College of Business
Course Goals and Objectives
Executives today are required to manage effectively through constant change caused by technical and business innovation, global competition, faster information and communication, increasing business complexity, and ever-changing regulatory environments. They are expected to not only have deep content expertise but also highly developed problem-solving skills, and exceptional management capabilities.
- Through the application, increase your understanding of marketing, strategy, operations, finance and the managerial implications of each.
- Build executive confidence, in terms of the ability to work on multidisciplinary teams, analyze complex problems, quickly develop recommendations, and communicate them effectively.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and generate a creative option for solving the case finally.
Topics of this course
- Module 1: Consulting Skills in Problem Solving
- Module 2: Managing Teams & Clients
- Module 3: Telling The Story
- Module 4: Additional Resources & Videos
Readings are assigned in each module. You can find a finalized list of readings under the “Required Reading” heading in each module. Students should complete readings before attending the live sessions for each week.
- Horizons Airlines Case
- Raffin Conveyers Problem
- Watkins Pharma
Live Session Schedule (Tentative)
November 8th, 2017 – December 12th, 2017
|November 8th Wednesday||8:30 AM – 10:00 AM & 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM US Central Time|
|November 15th Wednesday||8:30 AM – 10:00 AM & 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM US Central Time|
|November 29th Wednesday||8:30 AM – 10:00 AM & 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM US Central Time|
|December 12th Tuesday||7:30 PM – 9:00 PM US Central Time|
IN COMPASS 2G
- Video Lectures
- Case Problems
- Individual Assignment
- Team Assignments
- Peer Evaluation
- Live Sessions
- Office Hours