Are you ready to quit using tobacco? Most tobacco users are…nearly 3 out of every 4 want to quit, and more than half have attempted to do in the past year.
Quitting, however, is often challenging. To help your chances of success, you will need an effective, engaging, and supportive tobacco cessation program.
This project exists to help make that happen. By enrolling in this project, you will have the opportunity to participate (for free) in a proven digital tobacco cessation program. This program, which has helped more than 900,000 individuals to date, will provide you with the specialized support you need for the behavioral, social, and physical aspects of tobacco addiction.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the goal of the project?
To help you quit using tobacco, whether it’s smoking, vaping, or chewing.
What does the project involve?
The opportunity for you to receive access to the premium version of the EX Program, a leading digital tobacco cessation program.
What is the EX Program?
The EX Program is a leading digital tobacco cessation program. It is the only quit-tobacco program that combines the scientific leadership in digital tobacco solutions from Truth Initiative with a proven treatment model from Mayo Clinic.
By enrolling in this project, you will get access to the premium version of the program. This includes:
- Personalized quit plan with interactive exercises, educational videos, and emails
- Live chat coaching with tobacco treatment experts
- Access to the longest-running, largest community of current and former tobacco users
- Tailored text messaging to help you quit and stay tobacco-free
- Nicotine patches, gum, or lozenges delivered to your home
Does the program work?
Yes! In a randomized trial, participating in the program was found to quadruple a tobacco user’s chance of quitting.
In addition, more than 900,000 individuals have enrolled in this program to date. Approximately one-third of participants report successfully quitting tobacco nine months following enrollment and nearly all participants (> 95%) report finding the program helpful.
Who can participate?
You can enroll in the Be A Quitter project if you are
- An Illinois resident or employed by an Illinois-based business affiliated with this project
- 18 years of age or older
What does the program cost?
Nothing to individuals! Costs of the program for your year-long access to the EX program are provided by the Be A Quitter project.
How do I enroll?
To enroll, just sign-up here. This link will take you to a survey that asks you to provide your consent in this project and complete a brief survey. Once your consent form and survey are submitted, you will be automatically directed to the EX program website to create your EX program account.
Here’s a summary of the 3 steps to enroll:
- Click on this link.
- Complete brief survey about yourself and general well-being.
- Create your free account for the premium version of the EX program (a $200 value!).
- Begin your journey to a tobacco-free life!