IKOS USA is a consulting firm specialized in the railway industry with expertise in train control & signaling, communications, electrification, infrastructure, and rolling stock. A few examples of their current projects include the implementation of NYC’s MTA PTC system (design, testing & commissioning, and RAMS), the validation and system integration of the Acela II’s braking system, and NYCT Queen Blvd CBTC upgrade. IKOS has 1100 engineers spread internationally and they will be accepting CVs during the presentation! Use this link to join the meeting on 4/13 at 5:00 PM CDT.
Join us Wednesday March 24th at 5:00 central for a general meeting with Quandel Consultants! Quandel is a Chicago-based railroad consulting firm, which focuses on passenger rail improvement. Current projects they are working on include double tracking 9 miles between Dearborn and Ypsilanti, MI for MDOT, increasing passenger rail speeds to 110 mph between Kalamazoo and Dearborn, increasing the number of Amtrak Hiawatha Service round trips between Chicago and Milwaukee from 7 to 10, and implementing new Amtrak service between Chicago and the Quad Cities. After the presentation, the floor will be opened up to networking, so make sure to bring your resume! Project engineers Mike Meyer and Adrian Diaz de Rivera will be presenting. Mike Meyer has worked at Quandel for the past 6 years after earning his Bachelors in Civil Engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Adrian Diaz de Rivera is a RailTEC alumnus who also served as student chapter president in 2019. Use this link to join the meeting on 3/24 at 5:00 pm central.
- The AREMA SC will be hosting a general meeting featuring Stacy and Witbeck!
- Stacy and Witbeck is one of the country’s largest heavy civil contractors and a top builder of light rail, commuter rail, and streetcar systems. They have constructed numerous projects including light rail systems in Portland, Denver, and Dallas, streetcar systems in Seattle, Kansas City, and Detroit, and commuter rail in California, Washington, Oregon, and Utah.
- The meeting will be held on January 27th, 2020 at 6:00 PM in 2312 Newmark Civil Engineering Lab.
- Dinner will be served at 5:45 PM.
- The AREMA SC will be hosting a general meeting featuring Canadian Pacific Railway!
- Canadian Pacific Railway is a class 1 railroad operating principally in Canada and the Midwestern United States.
- Karl Rittmeyer, CP’s Assistant Chief Engineer for the U.S. Division and a UIUC alumnus, will be presenting.
- The meeting will be held at 6 pm on Tuesday, November 19th in 2312 Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory. Dinner will be served at 5:45.
- The AREMA Student Chapter will be hosting a joint general meeting with the ITE Student Chapter featuring Stacy and Witbeck!
- Stacy and Witbeck is one of the country’s largest heavy civil contractors and a top builder of light rail, commuter rail, and streetcar systems. Projects they have constructed include light rail systems in Portland, Denver, and Dallas, streetcar systems in Seattle, Kansas City, and Detroit, and commuter rail in California, Washington, Oregon, and Utah.
- The meeting will be held at 6 pm on Monday, November 11th in 3310 Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory. Dinner will be served at 5:45.
AREMA and RailTEC will be at Engineering Open House this weekend, March 8th & 9th! Come play the intermodal game, experience our train operating simulator, or see JR Central’s superconducting maglev train! We will have a total of 9 rail exhibits, featuring Canadian National Railway and JR Central in addition to our own members. If you’d like to participate there are still volunteer positions open, sign up here! The required training and orientation session is at 6 PM on March 7th, in 1233 Newmark.
What: Engineering Open House
Where: Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory, North Crane Bay & room 1233
When: Friday, March 8th and Saturday, March 9th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- What: Come learn more about Union Pacific Railroad after the Engineering Career Fair! Hear about exciting job and internship opportunities working on a major Class I freight railroad. Resumes will be accepted and dinner will be provided.
- When: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 (Food served at 5:45 pm; Meeting starts at 6:00 pm)
- Where: 2312 Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory (NCEL)
- Thursday, Nov. 29 in NCEL 2312 @ 5:45PM
- Come hear about the exciting intersection between technology and track maintenance and inspection!
- Dinner will be provided!