Instagram uses object recognition technology to automatically provide a visual description of any image posted. You should replace this text to provide a better description of a photo.
To Edit Alt-Text:
- Take or upload an image as you normally would. After adding any filters or making additional edits, tap Next.
- Tap Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Write Alt Text.
- Write your Alt-Text in the box and tap Done(iOS) or Save (Android).
To Edit Alt-Text of a Photo After You’ve Posted It :
- Go to the photo and tap the three dots icon.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Edit Alt Text in the bottom right.
- Write the alt text in the box and tap Done(iOS) or the Check Mark icon (Android).
More information about Instagram’s object recognition technology and further instructions for adding and editing images can be found in Instagram’s Help Center.