What is your big idea for energy delivery system (EDS) cybersecurity?
Lightning Talks offer select CREDC Summer School participants an opportunity to deliver high energy presentations on bold, new ideas, research topics, technology, or pressing issues/concerns for cybersecurity and/or cyber-resiliency of energy delivery systems. Each presentation begins with a title slide, then features 12 slides that auto-advance every 20 seconds – resulting in a high-energy, 4-minute presentation. At the end of the talk, the screen will go black and the next presenter will be introduced.
Ideas for topics can include:
- New or overlooked real-world problems or research gaps
- Controversial viewpoints and research areas
- Industry experience reports
- Completely different solution approaches than what is documented or practiced
- New paradigms and practical approaches to EDS cybersecurity research
We welcome Lightning Talk proposals from all potential summer school participants, including industrial partners, corporate sponsors, and students who have applied for the Student Program.
For your proposal, plan to provide a presentation title, abstract, and slide outline (optional) for your Lightning Talk. The proposal form will require a registration confirmation number:
- Student Program applicants should enter: studentprogram
- Others – if you are not able to register prior to submitting a proposal, enter: regpending
NOTE: Individuals who submit proposals should plan to attend the entire week of summer school. Those selected to present a Lightning Talk will need to be registered or submit registration within one week of notification of acceptance. Registration fee waivers are not issued for Lightning Talks, but we can offer the Early Bird rate. The date and time of the Lightning Talk session will be on the agenda and is subject to change. Lightning Talks will be recorded and archived for distribution. By submitting a Lightning Talk proposal, you agree to sign a release for this purpose.
The proposal deadline is
<May 15, 2017 May 22, 2017 (EXTENDED). If selected, final slides will be due June 1, 2017.