Spring Break Fever

Spring break begins today! It has been a long week leading up to a much needed break.  Classes kept getting smaller and smaller as students left early for spring break.  Everything is coming together and the work load has increased.  I am now teaching science, reading, and helping with math.  What is most fun for me is getting to know my students better and building relationships with them.  One thing that I have really come to enjoy is connecting with a few students that are somewhat overlooked.  One very quiet girl doesn’t really talk to anyone other than her best friend, and doesn’t participate or say much to my cooperating teacher, but I have been able to connect with her and she willingly and eagerly talks to me many times a day.  She even participated three times in one of the grammar lessons I led today.  It’s nice to see that she can open up and bond with someone when my co-op was unable to make this connection.  She does such a good job with the “troubled” students but sometimes it takes away attention for the other students. I hope to continue to build these relationships with my students as the year continues after break!