Training with Integrity & M/W Virtual Zoom TKD Training

It is always energizing to train with others so thank you again for those that joined us for training today. 

During today’s (3/28/20) contemplation, I shared a leadership lesson that I apply to my martial arts training and has been very applicable to remote working. The lesson is training with integrity means giving it your best effort even when no one else is looking. 

I have several colleagues at the University complain to me that they feel as though they are being micromanaged now that they are working remotely. Some supervisors are having them check-in 4-5 times a day with conference calls or emails to ensure that work is getting done. I’ve shared with several leadership teams that this constant need to monitor an employee while working remotely can be demoralizing and convey a lack of trust in their staff. Overall, it is probably indicative that the supervisor didn’t have a good way to measure and communicate progress and work being accomplished because if these measures and communication strategies were in place then a constant need to monitor the employee’s progress wouldn’t be necessary. I’ve encouraged the leadership teams that I advice to trust that they have employees that work with integrity and communicate the faith they have in their team to do what they say they are going to do.

I am continually encouraged when I see students on their martial arts journey continue to try and give it all they’ve got. So I wanted to give a special birthday shoutout to alum Instructor Allegra Martin from joining from the east coast on her birthday and a Farthest Traveled Award to Gouri for joining us from Singapore (nothing like late-night Zoom martial arts training for a good night’s rest).

Hopefully, you are all finding ways to apply the five aims to achieve such as integrity to your daily life. 

Monday/Wednesday Virtual TKD Zoom Training Sessions

As requested evening classes have been added. I’m glad that the Zoom breakout rooms have worked for some teaching and individual work as well. Please note the evening training sessions have a different link to join than the Saturday sessions and require a password. See the Facebook event for details.