ACES is hosting an information session on Summer Study Abroad opportunities for students interested in wildlife conservation and management sponsored by the department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (NRES) & Wildtrax
Wildlife Conservation and Management in Tanzania and Botswana
Wednesday, September 16
W 109 Turner Hall
5:00 – 6:00pm
- Attain a Wildlife Management Course certificate from the prominent College of African Wildlife Management-Mweka.
- Explore famous wilderness areas: Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and more!
- Meet leading wildlife and conservation biologists conducting active research…make the connections that will shape your career!
- Learn valuable wildlife management and conservation principles
- Understand the challenges facing wildlife conservation & community based natural resource management
- Observe the ecological organization and biodiversity of the Okavango Delta and surrounding ecosystems
- Develop advanced field research techniques and associated skills
- Understand the social aspects of conservation science
- Train future conservationists in understanding and applying research in the field through:
- Research design & methodologies
- Data collection & analysis
- Application and implementation of data
- Long-term sustainable conservation management projects
Director of Education Abroad Office
College of ACES
University of Illinois
123 Mumford Hall
1301 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
Ph. +1 217 333-3380
Fax +1 (217) 244-6537