Secondary Education and BA in Teaching application workshops

For Secondary Education and Foreign Language Teacher Education applicants this spring:

This email is only for those students who plan to apply THIS SPRING to the following programs:  Secondary Education Minor and Foreign language teacher education.   

For secondary education minor applicants:
This email is only for sophomore and juniors who plan to apply THIS SPRING to the following program:  The Secondary Education Minor (for biology, chemistry, English, math, history, physics, and geology teaching).  If you are not planning to apply this spring, please do not RSVP. 

You must attend one of the following mandatory meetings if you are planning to apply to the secondary education minor.  This is the best way for you to get information about how to actually apply to the minor in the spring semester.  I will go into detail about the requirements for the application and how you will submit your application to the College of Education.  This meeting will be the only chance that you have to ask questions about the application, I will not be answering individual questions about this so that I do not bias the process.  Please reserve your spot at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/5430088 by no later than November 23rd and save one of the following dates on your calendar.  You only need to attend one meeting. 

Tuesday, November 27th
5-7pm
1002 Lincoln Hall

Or

Wednesday, December 12th
5-7pm
1092 Lincoln Hall

For Bachelor of Arts in the Teaching of a Foreign Language (BAT) applicants:
This email is only for sophomore and juniors who plan to apply THIS SPRING to the following program:  The Bachelor of Arts in Teaching Foreign Language (BAT) in Spanish, German, French, Chinese or Japanese.  If you are not planning to apply this spring, please do not RSVP. 

You must attend the following mandatory meeting if you are planning to apply to the BAT.  This is the best way for you to get information about how to actually apply to the BAT in the spring semester.  Please reserve your spot at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/5430088 by no later than November 23rd and save the following date on your calendar.  If you cannot attend this meeting due to class conflicts, you should email me and let me know so I can try to get the information covered to you. 

Thursday, November 29th
5-7pm
1064 Lincoln Hall

ATTENTION: BAT prospective students have to submit an 8 semester plan as part of your application.  I previously suggested that you get this done before you attend the mandatory workshop but since I will be out of town next week and the following week is Thanksgiving break, I no longer expect that this will be done before the meeting on the 29th.  You will need to have this done before you apply by the Feb. 1st deadline.