In 1948, Kathryn G. Hansen helped to organize a group of non-academic employees at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign that would meet on a regular basis so they could become better acquainted with others holding similar positions, provide a medium for interchange of ideas and professional advancement through guest speakers and group/panel discussions. The idea caught on and we are still doing that! That’s right! The Secretariat is over 65 years old!
In honor of our founder, The Secretariat awards a scholarship each year to a high school senior who plans to attend a state university in a business related field.
Enjoy the fun and fellowship of this organization. As a new or renewing member, you will benefit from newsletter information and the discovery of unique networking possibilities.
Benefits of Membership
The dues are $15.00 for the fiscal year and it affords members the opportunity to:
- Benefit from a network of administrative professionals. When we have something we cannot do, how beneficial it is to contact those who can.
- Attend the monthly luncheons which enables those who wish to “make a difference” to network.
- Provide opportunities for professional development.
- Keep members informed regarding important events and/or issues affecting them through a monthly newsletter.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues affecting support staff through liaisons with Staff Advisory Council and Civil Service Advisory Committee.
Do you know someone who wants to be a member of Secretariat, but has not yet joined or perhaps is experiencing a difficult time and would appreciate a very special gift at this time in their life? Consider giving them a gift membership and share The Secretariat experience with someone else