One $500 scholarship is being awarded by The Secretariat in honor of Kathryn G. Hansen. Ms. Hansen was one of the founding members of the State Universities Civil Service System, and The Secretariat, an organization composed of employees in civil service classifications with qualifications that meet or exceed those of Office Support Associate. The scholarship is to be used for tuition, books, or other related educational expenses at any university within the State of Illinois.
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the 2015-2016 academic year in Illinois, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- have a strong commitment to pursue a higher education in an office professional, secretarial, or business-related field within the State of Illinois with preference given to attendance at the University of Illinois;
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate academic achievement;
- be a resident of Illinois;
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
The recipient will be asked to attend a presentation at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign campus to receive a certificate. A recipient unable to attend the presentation must contact the committee. If a recipient makes no direct contact with the committee once they have been notified, the scholarship is forfeited.
Deadline for postmark or email receipt of application and all materials is
Monday, March 7, 2016
The application packet must include:
- Application form and brief (approximately 500 words) essay explaining your future educational and career plans. The online application form is available at: http://go.illinois.edu/HansenScholarshipApplication
- Two letters of recommendation from non-relatives, (can be submitted via US Mail or e-mail)
- High school transcript to include grade-point scale, average, ACT score and class rank. Note: an unofficial transcript will suffice. (can be submitted via US Mail or e-mail)
Falsification of information will result in disqualification from the scholarship competition.
Mailing address for application materials:
Email (preferred method):email@example.com
U.S. Mail: Jane Baumgartner
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 217 Swanlund Administration Building | MC-304 601 E. John St.
Champaign, IL 61820