We are happy to share a new paid legal internship opportunity for undergrads in University Legal Counsel’s Office starting in the spring semester. Note that applications are due Dec. 12.
Legal Administrative Intern Opportunity
The Office of University Counsel seeks 1-2 undergraduate student interns for 2018-2019. This PAID position will provide administrative support to the office, with specific duties outlined below. Hours per week will depend upon intern availability. Interns will gain experience working in a legal environment
and will also be introduced to legal procedures with the possibility of increased responsibilities over time.
Required: Sophomore, junior, or senior standing; minimum 3.0 GPA; consistent weekly availability. Preference will be given to candidates with availability over breaks.
About the office: The Office of University Counsel (OUC) provides legal advice and representation to the university, its administrators/employees, University Related Organizations and others who seek legal advice arising from their official university responsibilities. OUC attorneys provide advice on an extremely wide variety of subjects. The office staff consists of attorneys and staff with unique skills and specialized training, as well as generalists who are well versed in multiple areas of law and policy. For more information, please visit: legal.uillinois.edu
Specific intern duties will include:
• Responsible for review of legal invoices to verify compliance with contract requirements
• Maintains electronic files of invoices, approvals and any supporting documentation. Record must be accurate and complete for auditing and reporting purposes
• Completes data entry and ensures the data integrity of legal services invoices in OUC systems (Legal Files eBill)
• Provide backup support for answering main phone line and directing calls to appropriate personnel (attorneys, support staff and business staff)
• Copying/scanning/shredding projects as needed including highly confidential legal documents
• Assisting with legal and business document compilation, organization and delivery
• Other duties as assigned
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Ms. Teresa Temples at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should include: 1) Relevant experience; 2) Weekly availability; 3) GPA and class standing; and 4) Availability over breaks.
Deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, December 12.