If you haven’t already, NOW is the time to plan your law school visits! We’ve already posted about Illinois law school visits here, but what about law schools outside of Illinois? Here is a roundup of Open House days or visit opportunities at law schools located outside of Illinois that are popular with Illini.
(Outside of Illinois) Big 10 Law Schools
Indiana University Maurer School of Law (click here to RSVP)
- Admissions Information Session–Saturday, Dec. 8, 1-3 pm
- Virtual Admissions Information Session–Nov. 29, 6-7 pm EASTERN (5-6 pm Central)
- Individual visits can also be scheduled if you can’t attend these sessions
University of Iowa College of Law (click here)
- Iowa Law Open House–Feb. 16, 2019 (register here)
- Individual tours and class visits, along with self-guided tours, available
University of Michigan Law School offers individual visits here
- Tours, classes, and appointments with an admissions counselor on most weekdays between 8 and 5; if you want to visit a class, however, we recommend avoiding Fridays because few classes are available.
Michigan State University Law School
- Hosts many webinars on a variety of topics here
- Individual visits are also offered; schedule 1 week in advance here
University of Minnesota Law School
- Prospective Student Information Session–Nov. 21, 9:15-11:30 am. Click here to register.
- Individual tours and class observations can be scheduled here.
Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Open House–Nov. 29 from 4-7 pm Eastern. Register here
- Info sessions and class observations offered Wednesdays and Thursdays. Click here to access the schedule and RSVP
Penn State Law
- Individual tours and class visits are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Click here to view schedule and register.
University of Wisconsin Law (click here)
- Hosts the Wisconsin Statewide Pre-Law Diversity Day on Feb. 22, 2019
- Offers group visits and individual visits, plus an online tour of the law school
Other (Outside Illinois) Law Schools Popular with Illini Applicants
Boston University Law School (click here)
- BU Law Open House–Saturday, December 1, 9:15-11:00 am.
- Offers class visits with a posted schedule of available classes online
- Webinars upcoming:
- Admissions Counselor Office Hours with a Current Student–Nov. 28 at 3:00 pm Eastern
- Financial Aid and Admissions Office Hours–Dec. 10 at 5:30 pm Eastern
Emory Law (click here)
- Offers information sessions every Tuesday and Friday at 10:00 am during the fall semester
- Classroom observations have ended for fall but will be available again during spring semester
- A campus virtual tour is also available here
Georgetown Law (click here)
- JD Information Sessions and Guided Tours offered Nov. 30, Dec. 7, and Dec. 17
- Self-guided tours and class visits (sitting in on a law school class) are offered for those who cannot make the sessions
George Washington Law (click here)
- Student-led tours and class visits offered through Nov. 14. Contact the school to arrange visits after that date.
Notre Dame Law School (click here)
- Offers class observations, admission sessions, and tours for prospective students on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and class visits are available by appointment. Click here to schedule.
- UCLA Law Liveguide (online sessions with current students) recordings on a variety of topics are available to watch here
Vanderbilt Law School
- Group Tour–Nov 30 at 12:10 pm (click here to RSVP)
- Individual visits and class observations can be scheduled here
Washington University Law School (click here)
- Open Houses will be held Feb. 1 and March 1
- Details on scheduling individual visits, along with sample visitor schedules, can be arranged online