Welcome back! We hope your break was relaxing and got you geared up for final exams, which begin on December 15.
Our PLAS Fall Events Calendar is complete. We will resume our programing in January, beginning with our Pre-Law 101 Workshop on Monday, January 29, followed by the LSAT Test Prep Fair on Tuesday, February 6. In the meantime, stay tuned for our Annual Internship Newsletter, which will be posted the week of December 11! This resource will contain over 15 pages of suggestions, ideas and actual internships for Summer 2018. Note – winter break is the best time to apply for summer internships as many of these opportunities have January application deadlines. Mark your calendars!
Career Center events of interest to pre-law students include the following list; check www.careercenter.illinois.edu for location & other details and to register.
- Creating Your Powerful Resume— Nov 28, 4-5pm
- Creating Your Powerful Cover Letter — Nov 28, 5-6pm
- Finding and Applying to Federal Government Jobs — Nov 29, 4-5pm
- Finding An Internship — Nov 29, 5-6pm
- Resume, Cover Letter, LinkedIn Reviews
- Nov. 27 from 2-4:30 pm at Career Center
- Nov. 27 from 7-9 in Undergrad Library
- Nov. 28 from 2-4:30 at Career Center
- Nov. 28 from 5:30-7:30 at the Ike Room 1010A
- Nov. 29 from 2-4:30 at Career Center
- Nov. 29 from 7-9 in Undergrad Library
- Nov. 30 from 2-4:30 at Career Center
- Dec. 1 from 2-4:30 pm at Career Center
- Dec. 3 from 4-9 pm in Undergrad Library
Social Justice Education Paraprofessional Program is taking applicants!
Internships, Scholarships, & Opportunities
Sidley Scholars Program–Juniors and Seniors planning on attending law school in the Fall of 2019: consider applying for the Sidley Austin LLP Summer Pre-Law Scholars Program. This program helps to subsidize the cost of LSAT Prep and offers possible additional scholarships.
Scholars will receive up to $2,500 in benefits to fund the LSAT, CAS credentialing, pay tuition in a commercial LSAT preparation course, as well as reimbursement for application and CAS fees for up to seven law schools.
Scholars further may be eligible to receive an additional $2,500 scholarship award, in two installments. Scholars will receive $1,250 when they have (1) successfully completed an approved LSAT preparatory course, (2) taken the LSAT, and (3) applied to at least five accredited law schools. Finally, each Scholar will receive a final $1,250 scholarship distribution once the Scholar has informed Sidley that he or she has been accepted to, and is committed to start law school at, an accredited law school and has attended the entire Sidley Scholars Summer Seminar in the summer immediately preceding the Scholar’s matriculation at that law school.
Click here for more information. Application materials are due Friday January 12!