We have two important announcements about internships and opportunities to win LSAT test prep scholarships.
First — make sure you watch your inbox, Twitter feed or our Facebook page for the publication of our annual Internship Newsletter this Thursday, December 17! The newsletter, which offers over 15 pages of tips and actual internship opportunities, will be available on the PLAS Compass page. Winter break is a great time to research and find good summer internships — in fact many internships have January application deadlines — so make sure you check out this resource!
Second — Coming Spring 2016 — 2 Ways to Win an LSAT test prep scholarship!
(1) The PLAS-sponsored LSAT Test Prep Company Fair is set for Monday, February 1, 2016, 4-6pm, Illini Union Room B! This event is a chance to learn more about several commercial LSAT test prep companies, participate in informative mini-workshops conducted by the companies and win discounts on test prep materials and scholarships for courses! Keep checking the PLAS website for updates on the fair.
(2) Are you taking the June LSAT but not sure you can afford a full LSAT test prep course? Thanks to the generous donation of Kaplan Test Prep, Pre-Law Advising Services is pleased to announce the availability of two full LSAT prep course scholarships courtesy of Kaplan Test Prep. The recipients will be able to use the scholarships on Kaplan’s LSAT In Person, Live Online or Self-Paced Courses. To learn more about Kaplan, go here: http://www.kaptest.com/LSAT/Home/index.html.
If you are interested in applying for one of these scholarships, please submit the following: 1) Your resume, AND
2) A short essay (no more than 600 words) that addresses each of the following:
- Have you taken an LSAT prep class before?
- What is your financial need? It is not necessary to provide exact numbers, just give us a sense of your financial situation and why a scholarship is necessary.
- How can this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
Email your resume and essay to Judy Argentieri at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2016 at 5pm. Winners will be announced the week of February 8!
Note: Pre-Law Advising Services does not endorse any commercial LSAT test prep company.
Have a great break!