The Path to Practicing Law in the US: An International Law Student Panel & Discussion: THIS Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 4:30 – 5:30 PM in IUB Room 514. Are you an international student considering attending law school in the U.S.? Join us as we host a panel of international law students from China and Brazil. PLAS welcomes four current College of Law international students, Ning Ning, Andre Reis, Zhiqi Wu and Xi Zhou, to answer questions and discuss their experiences studying law in the U.S. After the panel, students will get to talk to the speakers in small groups. Bring your questions! For more information on the event and the panelists, go here. Food will be served. No registration necessary.
Applying to Law School: A Webinar for Fall Applicants: Next Monday, April 13, 4:00-5:15pm.
If you are planning to apply to law school this fall, this workshop is for you! We will create a plan to help you maximize your law school applications for admission and scholarship purposes by getting them in EARLY. Topics include: First steps to take in the application process; Making the most of summer; Tackling the personal statement; Creating an application strategy; and Financing your law school application cycle. Bring your questions about law school applications! We are piloting this workshop as a WEBINAR and we will be using Compass. Please register at this link and we will send login information prior to the workshop.
For more info about these and other PLAS Events, including our upcoming “Perfecting the Personal Statement and Resume for Law School” workshop, set for Monday, April 20, 4-5pm, IUB 514, go here.
Career Center Workshops and Career Fairs —Unless otherwise indicated, all workshops are held at the Career Center, 715 S. Wright Street. For more information or to register, click here.
- Hire Big 10 Plus Virtual Career Fair, Tues, April 7 and Wed, April 8, 8:00am – 5:30pm. To see what employers are participating and for more info on this live, online event, go here.
- Getting the Job: Interviewing Tips, Tues, April 7, 5-6 pm
- Research Park Career Fair, Wed, April 8, 4:30-7:00pm, John Deere Bldg, 2021 South First Street, #101. For more info, go here.
- Creating Powerful Resumes and Cover Letters, Thurs, April 9, 4-5pm
- Professional Communication for International Students, Thurs, April 9, 4-5:30pm, The Interview Suite, 616 E. Green (enter Kaplan building next to McDonald’s and head to 2nd floor).