By this point in the application process, you should have already requested your transcripts and had them sent to your prospective schools. However, if you have let this important step slip through the cracks until now…get it done!
LSAC has provided an eight-step process for preparing to order your transcripts:
- Log in to your LSAC.org account.
- Click the Learn about Credential Service button at the bottom of your homepage to access the “Credentials” page of your account.
- Scroll down to “Your Credential Assembly Service Evaluation” and click Add Institutions.
- For any institutions that are already listed, click Edit to complete your information.
- Add any additional institutions that you have attended.
- Once you have entered all of your institution information, scroll down to the bottom of the Credentials page and click Continue.
- Review your information to ensure that it is accurate. Then hit Confirm.
- Visit the “Transcripts” page of your account. A Transcript Request Form link will be listed below each institution. Click these links to access your forms.*
Once you have accessed your forms, you may request an official copy of your transcript from the Registrar’s Office of any and all schools you have attended. Many schools will charge a fee for forwarding your transcripts. After the school has forwarded the transcripts to LSAC, they will be processed within two weeks. Since processing your transcripts takes multiple weeks and law schools will not consider your application complete without them, request your transcripts as soon as possible!
Visit the UIUC Registrar’s Office online here.
We’ll be back tomorrow with the final edition of AppTips for Law School Application Week!