UNDERGRADUATE AFFAIRS – MUSIC BUILDING
1114 West Nevada Street | Urbana, IL 61801
Academic Affairs General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL OF MUSIC UNDERGRADUATE ADVISOR
Email to make an appointment: Rebecca Spennetta
2nd floor, Music Building, RM 2058
8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
PROFICIENCY/PLACEMENT EXAMS – Spring 2018
- Class Schedule | UI Integrate Self-Service – Registration System
- UI Self-Service (Enterprise) – Students may add or drop courses, view academic history, and maintain their student account.
- Course Catalog (Includes links to Class Schedules, Course Catalogs, Gen Ed Requirements and more. )
- Illinois Compass2G
- GPA Calculator
DEADLINES AND EXAM SCHEDULE
- Fall 2018 Band/Orchestra audition information for MUSIC MAJOR WOODWINDS, BRASS, and PERCUSSION.
- Fall 2018 Orchestra audition information for MUSIC MAJOR STRINGS.
- Fall 2018 Choir audition information for MUSIC MAJOR VOCALISTS.
- Fall 2018 Jazz Ensemble audition information for JAZZ MUSIC MAJORS.
18-HOUR CREDIT LIMIT OVERRIDE REQUEST
- Contact the College of Fine and Applied Arts to ask for an overload.
ACADEMIC TUTORING AND STUDENT SUPPORT
- School of Music Theory and Aural Skills Tutoring
- Tutoring Center: For help with your studies in Music Theory and Aural Skills use the School’s drop-in tutoring center located in Room 2334. The tutoring center is open every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday from 7:00-9:00 pm at no charge.
- Campus Tutoring Support
- Office of Minority Student Affairs
- International Student Services
PETITIONS AND FORMS:
- COURSE OVERRIDE REQUEST FORM for Restricted courses or Time Conflicts
- STUDENT PETITION for Course Substitution, Transition Semester, Late Credit-No Credit, Part-time Status, Academic Appeal Decision, 10-semester extension request.
- COTE Student Petition for course substitutions (BME Majors only)
- Request for an Incomplete Grade (“I” Grade Form)
- Credit/No Credit Option Form
- Grade Replacement Form: Print and fill out the top portion of this form and personally bring it to 110 Architecture Building (FAA College)
- Foreign Language Accommodation Form
ADDING AND DROPPING COURSES after the 10th day of class
- To add a course after the 10th day of class, use the Late Course Change Form.
- To drop a course after the drop deadline, complete the Late Course Change Form + Student Petition + Course Instructor Feedback Report.
- Completed forms should be submitted to Room 2048 Music Building. Additional instructions will be given to finalize the requested registration change(s).
CHANGING CREDIT HOURS FOR A COURSE
PLAN OF STUDY FOR BA AND BMUS OPEN STUDIES
DUAL DEGREE? CHANGING MAJORS?
JAMES SCHOLAR | STUDY ABROAD | INTERNSHIP
- James Scholar Information (on this page)
- James Scholar Nomination Form
- Professional Internship (MUS 459) Information
- Study Abroad Course Approval Summary Form
LEAVING OR RETURNING TO MUSIC?
MORE CAMPUS RESOURCES
- FAA Career Services (job search)
- Music and Performing Arts Library
- OPE Music Library
- Music Scheduler (Space Request)
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Mentor Program through FAA
- University Housing
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Ilini Union Bookstore and Purchasing books
- Illinois Bands
- School of Music