Cognates – information relating to the requirement to select an area of study outside of the major area.
Override Request Form – use when attempting to register in a restricted music course. Please follow the steps outlined on the form.
Graduate College (GC) 599 – Graduate College (GC) 599 is a 0 credit hour registration option for advanced doctoral students who must maintain full-time enrollment to defer student loans but do not have tuition waivers.
Request for Academic Leave of Absence – use when requesting permission for a leave of absence (up to one academic year) from graduate studies. (For information on this Graduate College policy, see here.)
“In absentia” Registration Form – “In absentia” registration is designed for students who wish or need to remain registered, but plan to be studying or doing research for at least one semester at least 50 miles away from campus.
Late Registration / Course Change Form – use when requesting a change to your current schedule after the 10th day of class.
Provisional Approval of Research Topic and Permission to Enroll in MUS 528B – use for approval to register in MUS 528B. Please place this completed form, with faculty signatures, in the MUS 528B Instructor’s mailbox during the semester prior to the desired enrollment term and no later than one month before the start of the semester in which the class runs. The Academic Affairs Office will notify students of registration status.
Professional Internship (MUS 459) & Curricular Practical Training (CPT) – students seeking to earn academic credit for an internship experience should review the documents contained on the SoM Internship site.
- School of Music Internal Petition – use when requesting a course substitution, alternate cognate, etc. Please note, petitions for an exception to School of Music curriculum should be submitted in the semester prior to the desired term in which the exception is being sought (i.e., submit a petition in the SP15 term to request a FA15 course substitute in place of a required course).
- Graduate College Petition – use when requesting curriculum change, re-entry, policy exception, etc. Please note, students seeking re-entry should submit the petition at least 4-6 weeks in advance of first day of class. Petitions received after the term has begun may be asked to delay entrance until the following term.
- Academic Catalog
- Class Schedule
- UI Integrate Self-Service – Registration System
- Academic Deadlines – Office of the Registrar
- Graduate College
- Thesis Office
- Career Services – College of Fine + Applied Arts