Spring 2018 Entrance Exams
- Thursday, January 11
- Music History, 6:- 8 p.m., 1030 Music Building Auditorium
- Friday, January 12
- Music Theory and Score Reading, 1-3 p.m,1030 Music Building Auditorium
- Tuesday, January 16
- Aural Skills Exam, 7 – 8 p.m., Smith 25
Study Guides for Entrance Exams
- Thursday, January 11 – Music History
- Friday, January 12 – Music Theory and Score Reading
- Tuesday, January 16 – Aural Skills
Students are strongly encouraged to study and thoroughly prepare for the entrance exams. Failing one or more section of the entrance exams may delay the sequencing of required academic coursework and thus slow down the progression to degree completion, in particular the DMA. Registration is required, so please make sure you register for the exams no later than December 29 at 4 p.m. Click here to register for the entrance exams.
If you are a current University of Illinois Graduate Music Student continuing to a new degree program (i.e. MM to DMA), and you have previously completed the entrance exams, you have met the entrance requirements; you are exempt from taking the entrance exams.