The Consortium for Contemporary Music Education at the University of Illinois is comprised of music education faculty and doctoral students committed to:
- Issues vitally important to the field, such as curricular reform, music teacher education, community music, and social justice;
- The involvement of researchers, critical friends, graduate students, and preservice teachers in the work of the consortium;
- Synergistic intersections of the intellectual capital of the University with the projects and initiatives of the Consortium;
- Systematic inquiry that will result in publication and dissemination of rigorous and resonant scholarship;
- The formation of collaborative structures for productive work, including planning retreats, seminars, publications, and electronically-mediated forms of communication;
- Scholarly dialogue and critical reflection that will align the projects of the Consortium with strong purposes that have implications for music education.
For more information on the doctoral program at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, degree requirements, and how to apply, please click here.