UPDATE 1 AUG 2015: All spots in this study have been filled. To learn about how to sign up for our new study, please visit http://publish.illinois.edu/military-family-research/
ARE YOU OR YOUR PARTNER RETURNING HOME FROM DEPLOYMENT SOON?
Military couples are needed for a research study in which both partners complete a 45-minute online questionnaire about their romantic relationship once per month for eight months. You each can earn up to $170 in e-gift cards from Amazon, Kohl’s, or Walmart (your choice) if you complete all eight questionnaires.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are in a romantic relationship,
- You and / or your romantic partner is scheduled to return home from deployment soon,
- Both of you enroll in the study within 7 days of the service member’s return home from deployment,
- Both of you have access to a secure Internet connection,
- Both of you have your own email account, and
- Both of you are willing to participate.
How Do I Sign Up?
To sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- Your name and email address,
- Your partner’s name and email address (please indicate which person is returning home from deployment), and
- The anticipated date of the service member’s return home.
Email Dr. Leanne Knobloch, Department of Communication, University of Illinois (email@example.com) with questions.
This project is funded by the U.S Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs, through the Military Operational Medicine Research Program (Award No. W81XWH-14-2-0131) and the University of Illinois. Data collection procedures were approved by the University of Illinois (protocol #14387), Northwestern University (project #STU00091364) and the U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command Office of Research Protections Human Research Protection Office (HRPO protocol #A-18032).