The ASPET-Sponsored SURF program is for undergraduate students interested in biomedical research. The program runs for 10 weeks between June 1 and August 9, 2016. Students will work on their own research project in the lab of their faculty mentor and attend relevant laboratory safety training. Students will also attend seminars and present their research in various forums. An opportunity to visit Hospira R&D campus and learn about careers in the pharmaceutical industry will also be offered. Students will tour UIC research facilities and participate in workshops on advanced scientific techniques. Participants will receive $3,000 for the 10 weeks.
- Sophomores or juniors majoring in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or related field.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on 4.0 scale
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Submit full application as a single pdf document by 2/1/16
- Request that your reference(s) submit the letter of recommendations by 2/1/16
- Full application consists of 4 components:
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Two letter of recommendations
Application Deadline: February 1, 2016
Recipient Notification: April 15, 2016
For more information:
Program contact: email@example.com