2017 EMT-Basic Course Through Illini EMS
Become a leader in the healthcare field by learning life-saving knowledge and skills in the spring 2017 EMT-Basic course through Illini EMS! Learn to take charge in medical emergencies and gain hands-on experience with real patients in the emergency room and out in the Champaign-Urbana community. Our EMT-B course will challenge students to shift from passive bystanders to active healthcare professionals. Over the course of the spring 2017 semester you will learn:
· Treatment of cardiac arrest beyond CPR
· In-depth pre-hospital treatment of heart attacks, strokes, respiratory disease, diabetes, emergency childbirth, allergic reactions, psychiatric emergencies, and much more
· Management of shock, hemorrhage, and a variety of traumatic injuries
· Pharmacological interventions
· Medical terminology
· Patient assessment and the interpretation of a patient’s vital signs
Our course prepares students for the National Registry Exam, certifying them as an EMT-B. Our mix of classroom training, online material, and clinical exposure provides our students a strong foundation for a future in healthcare. If interested, more information can be found on our website at https://www.fsi.illinois.edu/iems/. To apply, read through the Course Policies and Procedures form found on the Documents page for a full list of application requirements, and complete the Application Questionnaire found on the Courses page under the EMT-B section.
Completed applications are due Thursday, December 8th at 5:30 PM, with all required physical forms submitted to the IEMS office (room 115A, Illini Union). Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-9492.