Applications are now being accepted for the University of Michigan 2016 Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS). If you want more information about the program, make sure to visit the PIBS program overview website and the “Why choose a Michigan PhD?” website. Because PIBS is an interdisciplinary gateway program, you can be considered for any of their 14 programs with just one application:
- All required materials can be submitted, received, and tracked online
- The application deadline is December 1, 2015
- Their online application tips and FAQs address:
- what to include in your academic statement
- how to easily explore faculty and research areas
- qualities of a strong applicant
- fee waiver opportunities
The University of Michigan Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS) invites you to explore graduate training at U-M through their Preview Visitation this October 7-9, 2015.
- an all-expense-paid visit for selected participants
- activities and workshops on applying and attending graduate school at U-M
- one-on-one and group interactions with faculty from 14 PhD programs
- networking with current graduate students and peers from across the country
- tour of campus, facilities and the city of Ann Arbor
You can find more details on their event flyer and apply online. Rolling acceptances will begin on the priority deadline of Saturday August 1st. All application materials are due by the final deadline of Friday August 14th.
Note: Competitive applicants will possess extensive research experience, two letters of recommendation, plans to pursue a PhD (particularly starting fall 2016) and a background that contributes to diversity in the biomedical sciences at Michigan. Students from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, low-income family backgrounds, first-generation U.S citizens, and first-generation college students are especially encouraged to apply. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to be eligible.