The School of MCB and the Departments of Biochemistry and Microbiology are excited to announce we have begun accepting applications for our Summer Undergraduate Research Awards. Continuing Students interested in applying should use this common application form. Students may be eligible for multiple awards, but each student may only accept one. Eligibility requirements for each award can be found on our web site.
Awards range from $2,000 to $5,000 and most will be paid via an hourly 10-week appointment. Please complete the application in its entirety and submit prior to the deadline, Monday, February 13, 2017, at 5:00 PM, for full consideration.
Documents required to complete this application are listed below:
- One-page proposal (excluding any necessary referrences) of research to be conducted, saved and uploaded as a PDF. The proposal should be typed using 11 point Arial font (or equivalent), single-spaced with 0.5 inch margins on all sides and includea title/topic of research project. It should describe the overall goals and objective of the project along with the work that will be undertaken by the student. This document should be an original and professional document prepared by the student with input from the principal investigator (P.I.) of the laboratory.
- Current CV/Resume for applicant, saved and uploaded as a PDF
- Unofficial undergraduate transcript available from Enterprise Student Self-Service, saved and uploaded as a PDF.
- Nomination letter from Principle Investigator (PI) supporting the applicant’s research, uploaded as a PDF at the following site, http://go.illinois.edu/sroprec.
- Required for Microbiology Awards only. Recommendation letter from your direct mentor (supervising graduate student or post doc), who can critically comment on the research you have already conducted in the Microbiology faculty member’s laboratory.