ATTENTION MCB PRE-HEALTH STUDENTS
The Career Center offers the following services during the summer:
– In-Person/Phone Career Health Advising Appointments: The Career Center Health Advisors are available for career counseling appointments Monday-Friday from 9am-4:00pm. Appointments can be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and are available for face-to-face sessions or for phone counseling sessions by calling The Career Center at 217-333-0820.
– Health Drop-Ins: Health drop-in hours will continue to be Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00-3:00pm. Students are encouraged to visit with a health advisor for any quick pre-health related questions by coming into the office or via phone. Anyone who needs to spend an extended time addressing a question should consider scheduling a pre-health appointment with a health advisor.
– Personal Statement Reviews: Submission of personal statements, for health professions only, can now be done through The Career Center website. If students want to have their statements reviewed, they can go to the Health Professions section of the website, and then go to “Apply to a Health Profession School/Program”, then “Personal Statements”, and the link at the bottom of that page (“Upload your personal statement now”) will go to the submission page.
Please note, the following guidelines will be used when reviewing personal statements at The Career Center.
- Personal statements must be in final draft format in order to be reviewed.
- Personal statements will only be reviewed once per term.
The average turnaround time is 3 business days. However, during peak periods of the application cycle, it may take longer to provide feedback.
- The Career Center will not edit statements but will provide comments on overall content and ways to strengthen the statement.
– Resource Center: The Career Center Resource Center will remain open from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday and it is open to everyone. The resource center has a variety of books, handouts, and magazines that are available to all students looking for information on internships, graduate school, resumes, jobs, and much more.
Visit The Career Center this summer so you can get assistance and continue your progress toward reaching your goals.