Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Number of positions: 1
Spring sales intern
Pursuing a biology-related degree but want to gain some real world experience on the business side of the biotech industry? Boster Biotechnology is hiring a spring sales intern in your University. If you are passionate about biology, a self-starter and want an opportunity to demonstrate your talent in bridging the gap between business and science, here is your opportunity.
The experience would be a competitive add-on to your scientific background in job searching and in the meanwhile could bring a lucrative compensation (potentially 30% commission).
Here’s what you will do:
– Be the face of the company at your university
– Reach out to researchers within the biological departments to raise awareness about Boster products
– Convert awareness into product sales, using your understanding of the researchers’ needs
– Communicate at every step of the way with us and your peers to relay what is working and what needs fixing
– Build and leverage your network to increase sales through well thought out marketing activities
Here is what you could gain, if you do not have them already:
– Management skills especially how to collaborate virtually
– Business experience and a proven record in sales
– A clearer idea about career choice between business and academia
– Creative ideas from and comradery with your peers in other universities
– A more thorough understanding of immunological reagent market
– Up to 30% of the total revenue generated from your school
– Junior/Senior undergraduate or graduate student with a biology background
– Self-driven and entrepreneurial
– Hands-on lab experience a plus
– Available 10 hours a week.
– Good communication skills and multitasking skills necessary
– Organized and efficient, with attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
– Working knowledge of Google Docs
– Available for 4 months starting 1st week of January 2013
Base pay of $200 for setting up initial provided marketing package. Commission structure listed as follows paid at end of internship
Total sales during the semester:
For more details contact Archana Kampani at firstname.lastname@example.org.