Do you have a research paper on an international, global, or regionally focused topic you’d like to develop further?
Or are you planning or working on a thesis on a topic involving a foreign country or region?
APPLY today to join the Undergraduate International Area Studies Workshop (May 16-20, 2016)
Deadline: 5pm CT, Friday, March 25, 2016
What you’ll get:
- Close mentoring by an Illinois faculty member and librarians.
- An insider’s view of scholarly publishing.
- An introduction to interdisciplinary area studies research, which means:
- Access to new sources and data from other disciplines to address your research problem.
- A broader and more diverse perspective on your research.
- The chance to advance your project and make it appeal to a wider audience.
- Enhanced research skills and experience with vernacular language sources.
- The opportunity to produce a better writing sample for grad school or a thesis that stands out from the crowd.
To apply, send the following information and materials to email@example.com:
- A completed copy of the application cover sheet which you can find here: Ugrad_Wkshp_app
- Proposal. A description (200-400 words) of the project you will work on at the workshop: title, topic, discipline (history, sociology, biology, chemistry etc.), methodology if relevant, course original paper was written for an instructor (if you are revising a course paper), major, advisor for thesis (if the project is a thesis project), and an indication of the current state of the projects and any ideas for its further development.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor or instructor (sent directly by the instructor).
- An unofficial copy of your UIUC transcript.