Des Moines University’s Health Professions Advanced Summer Scholars program – DMU Health P.A.S.S. – is a great way for promising college students to prepare for and enhance their chances of getting into medical school and other health professions programs.
Here are a few of the highlights of the program:
- Offered June 4-24, 2016, the program is high-quality, hands-on and FREE.
- Learn what it’s like to be a student in a health sciences program.
- DMU will cover the full costs of participants’ materials and accommodations at Drake West Village. All meals will be covered while on campus. DMU will also reimburse travel up to $500.
- Enrollment is limited to 10 students.
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants from populations underrepresented in medicine and health care, including minority, low-income and/or first-generation college students.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.2. Preference is given to rising sophomores and juniors.
- Applications are due February 15.