Avicenna Community Health Center (www.avicennahealth.org) is a free health clinic that provides absolutely free medical care for uninsured and underinsured residents of Champaign county. The clinic provides acute care as well as management of chronic medical conditions, with a focus on preventative medicine.
The Avicenna Grants Team recently secured the CVS Coordinated Care Grant for Avicenna and they are gearing up for another big push to gain more funding for their free clinic. To do this, they need your help!
Experience with the grants team will:
· Provide you experience with how to organize, write, and polish professional grants
· Familiarize you with leaders of the clinical community in Champaign County and the Midwest
· Acquaint you with the challenges and mechanics of operating a free clinic
· Provide you an opportunity to directly expand medical services to the members of our community most in need
· Offer you a quality volunteer opportunity that can be completed on your own time, in your own home, while still directly benefiting your community in a tangible, measurable way
The Grants Team’s responsibilities include:
· Searching online for grant opportunities and adding relevant grants to grants team’s database
· Contributing to grant-writing, including proposals, budgets, and supplemental information
· Meeting once a month to update the team and plan future projects
They are seeking volunteers who are interested in learning more about the clinic, as a knowledge of the clinic is critical to contributing to the team. They will set up clinic tours and informative sessions in order to acquaint you with Avicenna.
Additional skills that are beneficial, but not required include:
· Experience with grant-writing, whether clinical or research-oriented
· Interest in learning more about free clinic operations
· Experience with budgeting
· Continued involvement for more than one year
· A willingness to respond to emails in a timely and professional manner is required. Most of their communications will take place via email, so you must be willing and able to communicate clearly via email as to what tasks you are willing to take on, updates on your work, and project deadlines.
If you are interested in joining the grants team or for more information, please contact Alex Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.