Congratulations to all authors longlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize!
The Booker Prize is one of the leading literary awards for books written in the English language. The Prize is awarded to the book that a panel of judges believe is the best English-language novel of the year. This year, all novels considered must have been published between October 1st, 2019 and September 30th, 2020.
The shortlist will be announced on September 15th, 2020.
The longlisted novels include:
- The New Wilderness, by Diane Cook
- This Mournable Body, by Tsitsi Dangarembga
- Burnt Sugar, by Avni Doshi
- Who They Was, by Gabriel Krauze
- The Mirror and the Light, by Hilary Mantel
- Apeirogon, by Colum McCann
- The Shadow King, by Maaza Mengiste
- Such a Fun Age, by Kiley Reid
- Real Life, by Brandon Taylor
- Redhead by The Side of The Road, by Anne Tyler
- Shuggie Bain, by Douglas Stuart
- Love and Other Thought Experiments, by Sophie Ward
- How Much of these Hills is Gold, by C Pam Zhang
You can read some of the longlisted books now, too! Several of the nominees are available in the library catalog or via I-Share; find them by clicking on the cover image for each title below.
Congratulations to all nominated authors!