Lesli Lundquist Awarded 2020 CDSA

Lesli Lundquist, the Facilities Operations Coordinator for the University Library, has been awarded the Chancellor’s Distinguished Staff Award (CDSA). The CDSA is designed to “annually recognize civil service staff employees for their exceptional accomplishments and service to the university.” This prestigious award results from an outstanding performance by Lundquist and seven fellow civil service staff employees.

Those who are nominated for the CDSA must meet the criteria of at least three qualities valued by the University. Valued attributes include demonstrating excellence in overall work performance, promoting positive morale, self-improvement and recognition of others, exhibiting initiative and creativity, and enhancing the image of the department and/or University. The selection committee then evaluates each nominee based on these criteria and recommends finalists who are approved by Chancellor Robert Jones. Lundquist, along with each winner will receive $1000, a commemorative plaque, and will have his/her name inscribed on a permanent plaque in the Illinois Human Resources office.

Lundquist remarked, “I am honored to be named a recipient of the 2020 Chancellor’s Distinguished Staff Award. I truly appreciate the opportunity to work in a setting where people care about equality and commitment. I would like to thank the CDSA committee for selecting my nomination from a pool of many, many worthy candidates. I would like to thank those who recognized my efforts, by both nominating me and writing letters of support; Dean Wilkin, Timothy Newman, Greg Knott, Jennifer Teper and William Maher. The University Library has been an amazing place to work, learn and grow over the past 8 years, and I can’t wait to see what the future brings.”

The full list of 2020 CDSA Award Winners can be found on the Illinois Human Resources website. Congratulations to Lesli on this achievement!

Facebook Twitter Linkedin Delicious Email