As a companion to our previous post on presentations, we present some of the publications, peer-reviewed articles, and essays our Library faculty and academic professionals have published this past fall. Themes include academic copyright, library value assessment user experience in the academic e-book environment, data sharing and curation pedagogy. Peruse the selected bibliography we have provided below to learn more about these topics.
(Links to OA journal access, the DOI for individual articles, or the catalog record are provided when available.)
- Benson, S. R.“Increasing Librarian Confidence and Comprehension in a Fair Use Training Session.”Portal: Libraries and the Academy. November 4, 2018. 18(4), 781-804. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1353/pla.2018.0045.
- —. ““I own it, don’t I?” The Rules of Academic Copyright Ownership and You.” College and Undergraduate Libraries. November 10, 2018.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10691316.2018.1533201.
- Dougan, Kirstin M. ““The “Black Box”: How Students Use a Single Search Box to Search for Music Materials.” Information Technology and Libraries, December 2018. Vol. 37 no. 4. p-81-106. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6017/ital.v37i4.10702.
- Hahn, J. “Diverse mobile users: The development of library experts.”Emerald Publishing Limited. Reference Services Review 47.September 16, 2018.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/RSR-07-2018-0056.
- —. ”Automated Playlist Continuation with Apache Prediction IO.” Code4Lib Journal. November 11, 2018, Issue 42.
- —. “The Bibliotelemetry of Information and Environment: Evaluation of an IoT-Powered Recommender System.” Proceedings of the ASIS&T 2018 Annual Meeting. November 2018.151-160. DOI: http://hdl.handle.net/2142/102248.
- —. “Virtual Reality Learning Environments: Development of multi-user reference support experiences.” Information and Learning Science. December 2018. 119(11), 652-661. DOI: http://hdl.handle.net/2142/102210.
- Hinchliffe, L.J.and D. Schwieder. “A multi-level approach for library value assessment”. College & Research Libraries. 2018. 79 (April): 424-436. DOI: 10.5860/crl.79.3.424.
- Kelly, E. J., C. Muglia, G. O’Gara, AylaStein, S. Thompson and L. Woolcott. “Barriers and solutions to assessing digital library reuse: Preliminary findings.” Performance Measurement and Metrics. Emerald Publishing Limited. June 15, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/PMM-03-2018-0012.
- Mischo, William H. and Thomas H. Teper.“The Shadow Acquisitions Budget: APCs and Open Access Publications at a Research University.” Coalition for Networked Information. Washington, DC. December 10, 2018.
- Savonius-Wroth, C. “Hume, Bishop Butler, and the revival of ritual in Anglophone Protestantism.” Journal of Religious History. August 22, 2018. 42(3), 390-409. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9809.12540.
- Szylowicz, Caroline. “Trois lettres à Marcel Proust, de Robert Proust, Georges de Lauris et Jacques Copeau.” (Three letters from MP to Robert Proust, Georges de Lauris and Jacques Copeau). Bulletin d’informations proustiennes(Editions Rue d’Ulm). 48 – p. 25-30.
- Tracy, Daniel G. “Format shift: Information behavior and user experience in the academic e-book environment.” Reference and User Services Quarterly. 58(1), 40-51.
- Tracy, Daniel G. “Format Shift: Information Behavior and User Experience in the Academic Ebook Environment.” Reference & User Services Quarterly. Vol 58.1. p:40-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5860/rusq.58.1.6839.
- Wiley, C. A. “Data Sharing and Engineering Faculty: An Analysis of Selected Publications.” Science and Technology Libraries. September 25, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/0194262X.2018.1516596.
- Yu, J. C., K. J. Trei, and J. Carlstone.“International STEM graduate students: reaching a deeper understanding.” Emerald Publishing Limited. Performance Measurement and Metrics. June 01, 2018. 19 Issue: 3, pp.153-165. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/PMM-12-2017-0062.