As a companion to our previous post, we present some of the publications our Library faculty and academic professionals contributed this past fall. Themes include accessibility, open discovery environments, and the ACRL frameworks in the digital environment. Peruse the selected bibliography we have provided below to learn more about these topics.
(Links to OA journal access, the DOI for individual articles, or the catalog record are provided when available.)
- Burnette, Margaret. “Tacit Knowledge Sharing Among Library Colleagues: A Pilot Study.” Reference Services Review 45.3 (2017): 382-397.
- Hahn, Jim. “Use and Users of the Minrva Mobile App.” Reference Services Review 45.3 (2017): 472-484.
- Hahn, Jim & Courtney McDonald. “Account-based Recommenders in Open Discovery Environments.” Digital Library Perspectives 34.1 (2017): 70-76.
- Hensley, Merinda Kaye and Stephanie Davis-Kahl, eds. Undergraduate Research and the Academic Librarian: Case Studies & Best Practices. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2017.
- Pionke, JJ. “Towards Holistic Accessibility: Narratives from Functionally Diverse Patrons.” Reference & User Services Quarterly, 57.1 (2017): 48-56.
- Pionke, JJ and Jaena Manson. “Creating Disability LibGuides with Accessibility in Mind.” Journal of Web Librarianship 12.1 (2017).
- —.“Beyond ADA compliance: The Library as a Place for All.” Urban Library Journal, 23.1 (2017): 1-17.
- —.“Guest Forum: Accessibility Doesn’t Have to be Expensive.” The Informed Librarian (September 2017).
- Reed, Michelle and Merinda Kaye Hensley. “Image of Research: Celebrating and Sharing Undergraduate Work.” Undergraduate Research and the Academic Librarian: Case Studies & Best Practices. Eds. Merinda Kaye Hensley and Stephanie Davis-Kahl. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2017:157–172.
- Russell, John E. and Merinda Kaye Hensley. “Beyond Buttonology: Digital Humanities, Digital Pedagogy, and the ACRL Framework.” College & Research Library News 78.11 (2017): 588–600.
- Song, Yoo-Seong. “Embedded Librarianship in Experiential Learning.” The Proceedings of the International Conference on Embedded Education and Instruction of New Models of Library Service: The 4th International Conference of Beijing Academic Network Library. Eds.C. Shi, L. Xiong, & M. B. Huang. Beijing: Capital Normal University Press, 2017. 297-303.
- Szylowicz, Caroline. “Quatre lettres à Lucien Daudet.” Bulletin d’informations proustiennes 47 (2017): 21-27.
- Weicheng Liu, William H. Mischo and Mary C. Schlembach. “A Hybrid Bento-Style Federated Search System.” Library and Information Science.61(19): 113-121, 2017.
- Wiley, Christie A., William H. Mischo, Mary C. Schlembach. and Heidi J. Imker. “An Integrated Data Management Plan Instructional Program”. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference 2017. Columbus Ohio. Paper ID #20593.
- Witt, Steve W. “The Evolution of the Right to Privacy in the American Library Association 1906 – 2002.” Library Trends 65.4 (2017): 639-658.