The 2015 Biennial Conference of the Association of College & Research Libraries will include presentations by University of Illinois Library faculty and academic professionals on topics including reference services, data management, technical services, the digital humanities, area studies librarianship, and more.
ACRL begins with preconference activities Wednesday, March 25 and runs through Saturday, March 28. If you will be there, consider dropping by to see one of the following presentations!
[Names in bold include University of Illinois Library faculty, academic professionals, and graduate assistants presenting with library faculty members. Presentations are in schedule order. Links from titles lead to ACRL schedule information for details on the session.]
- Wardecker, Mark. “Reference Interview Adventure: Creating a “Choose Your Own Adventure” Game That Teaches the Reference Interview.” TechConnect Presentation. Thursday, March 26, 11:20AM-11:40AM.
- Laskowski, Mary and Jennifer Maddox Abbott. “Behind the Scenes but Not Behind the Times: Technical Services Support for New Service Model Initiatives.” Poster Session. Thursday, March 26, 2:00PM-3:00PM.
- Williams, Sarah and Karen Hogenboom. “Nurturing a Data Management Community.” Poster Session. Thursday, March 26, 2:00PM-3:00PM.
- Green, Harriett. “User Engagement with Digital Archives: A Case Study of Emblematica Online.” Contributed Papers. Friday, March 27, 8:30AM-8:50AM.
- Thacker, Mara, Joseph Lenkart, Thomas Teper, and Steven Witt. “Measuring and Sustaining the Impact of Area Studies Collections in a Research Library: Balancing the Eco-system to Manage Scarce Resources.” Contributed Papers. Friday, March 27, 8:30AM-8:50AM.
- Hahn, Jim and Ben Ryckman. “Topic Space: A Mobile Augmented Reality Recommendation App.” TechConnect Presentation. Friday, March 27, 9:20AM-9:40AM.
- Hensley, Merinda Kaye. “The Framework for Information Literacy and its Impact on Student Learning.” Panel Session. Friday, March 27, 1:30PM-2:30PM.
- Tracy, Daniel. “Exploring Instructional Uses of Scalar: Lessons for Adopting Digital Humanities Publishing Tools.” Poster Session. Friday, March 27, 2:30PM-3:30PM.
- Madsen Webb, Gretchen and Gail Murray. “Cultivating a Community of Recreational Readers at a Large Research Institution.” Poster Session. Friday, March 27, 2:30PM-3:30PM.
- Hinchliffe, Lisa. “Community College Libraries and Culture of Assessment: Bridges and Barriers.” Panel Session. Saturday, March 28, 9:45AM-10:45AM.
- Witt, Steven. “Assessing Library Internationalization Efforts and Impacts: Tools and Strategies.” Contributed Papers. Saturday, March 28, 9:45AM-10:05AM.
- Hensley, Merinda Kaye. “Improving LIS Education in Teaching Librarians to Teach.” Contributed Papers. Saturday, March 28, 10:05AM-10:25AM.