Our first event of the year is this Saturday, September 27! We will be traveling to the Exotic Feline Rescue Center in Center Point, IN. Please be at Vet Med BEFORE 9:30am, as we will be leaving the parking lot at 9:30 sharp! The tour begins at 1pm ET and will last 1-2 hours, including a tour of the grounds and a behind-the-scenes tour. The tour is $8 per person – be sure to bring cash for the tour and to chip in for carpool if you aren’t driving. If you are able and willing to drive, please sign up on the Google doc link provided in the email. Hope to see you all on Saturday!
Thanks to everyone who attended our intro meeting! If you missed it (or loved it so much you want to relive the experience), here are the details:
- Dues are $12. Make checks payable to ISCAAFP and place in one of the following mailboxes:
- Tiana Royer (VM17 – BSB)
- Ellen Glenn (VM16 – SAC)
- Fourth-year students that were members last year do not pay dues – just let us know if you want to be a member this year and we’ll add you to our list!
- We want YOU to join our executive board! We are looking to fill the positions listed below. If you are interested in any of these positions, please email us a blurb about why you would make a good fit. If you have any questions or would like more information, please let us know!
- 2018 Class Representative (VM1)
- Treasurer (VM, VM2, or VM3)
- Fundraising Chair (VM1, VM2, or VM3)
- We are planning at least one lecture or event per month. Topics planned for this year include:
- Feline handling techniques
- Common feline diseases
- Feline-friendly medications
- Vaccination guidelines
- Feral cats / TNR
- Feline behavior
- Welfare concerns
- Feline necropsy techniques (and wet lab)
- Our first planned event is a behind-the-scenes tour at the Exotic Feline Rescue Center on September 27th! More information will be sent to confirmed members shortly!