Welcome to Illini Dancesport! If you are interested in learning ballroom dance, we are the club for you! *** We are happy to announce that starting Spring 2018, we will be offering instruction in ALL FOUR STYLES***! Join us for any of our upcoming events, we are always happy to welcome new team members. No partner, shoes, or experience necessary. We look forward to meeting you!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our mailing list! You can also get text updates by sending “@illinida” to 81010!
Regular instruction with Kato begins January 30th. The full schedule can be seen here!
Typically, the weekly schedule will be as follows (PLEASE CHECK THE CALENDAR FOR EXACT DETAILS):
- Bronze Review 6:00 – 7:30pm
- Newcomer Review 8:00 – 9:30pm
- Silver Class (International) 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Bronze Class (International) 7:00 – 8:00pm
- Newcomer Class (International) 8:00 – 9:00pm
- Open Space 9:00 – 11pm
- Silver Class (American) 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Bronze Class (American) 7:00 – 8:00pm
- Rounds 8:30 – 11:00pm
If you’re unsure about which level to take (Newcomer, Bronze, or Silver), please refer to this PDF for the prerequisites for each class.
A few quick facts about the team:
- We are a mix of students and community members (mostly students), who dance Ballroom (Standard), Smooth, Latin, and Rhythm. Collectively, these four styles of competitive partner dancing are called “dancesport.”
- We offer classes in three levels — Newcomer (Pre-Bronze), Bronze, and Silver — all taught by coaches Alex Tecza and Kato Lindholm. In addition to our classes, we have regular practices and frequent social events.
- We also travel around the Midwest, participating in competitions with other university ballroom teams.
Interested in being on the team? Want to learn more? Please email us at email@example.com.