***COVID-19 update: All Erosion spring workshops will be held online via Zoom. Read more details. If registered, please check your email regularly for updates.***
This three-modular workshop offers Illinois Department of Transportation contractors, designers, inspectors and other professionals best management practices in the areas of erosion and sediment control as well as storm water.
These one-day courses are a requirement for engineering consultants with projects subject to IDOT’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits.
Note: Module I is a prerequisite for modules II and III; however, modules II and III need not be taken in sequential order.
Course scheduling, location and professional development hour information is as follows:
|Workshops||Module I||Module II||Module III|
|Location||I Hotel in Champaign, Illinois||University of Illinois Springfield||Erosion and Sediment Control Training Center in Urbana, Illinois|
|Schedule||8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.||7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Professional development hours earned||7 ½||7 ½||8|
To receive the latest in course scheduling, join the notification list.
Here’s a breakdown of each course module:
Module I: Fundamentals of Storm Water Pollution and Erosion and Sediment Control
This module includes hands-on learning opportunities as well as topical discussions, including:
- Fundamentals of hydrology and soil erosion
- Regulations related to erosion and sediment control
- Best management practices for erosion and sediment control
Inspection of erosion and sediment control measures
Module II: Erosion and Sediment Control Planning and Design
Here attendees will learn about the following:
- Erosion and sediment control design and planning processes
- How to develop erosion and sediment control designs and storm water pollution-prevention plan narratives
Module III: Inspection of Erosion and Sediment Control Best Management Practices
This module discusses the following topics:
- Regulatory requirements for ILR40 and ILR10 compliance
- Identifying correct installation and maintenance of storm water best management practices
- Best management practices for maintenance requirements
- Erosion and sediment control field guide for construction inspection
Click here to register. Registration fees are as follows:
|Registration fees||Module I||Module II||Module III|
Registrants must provide two weeks’ notice if unable to attend by emailing email@example.com. Once cancellation is complete, Illinois Center for Transportation will provide a refund, less a $50 processing fee. Otherwise, no refund will be provided.
An alternate may go in place of a registrant. To do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The above cancellation policy also applies to alternates.
For more information, contact email@example.com.