How to Browse Non-English Language Movies in the Online Catalog

Do you want to watch a movie in a certain language, but don’t have a title in mind? It’s possible to browse movies by language in the online catalog!

All you need to do is go to the VuFind Catalog Advanced Search and input the following values:

In the search box, use the pull down to select Subject and then type in “Feature film.”

In the Limit to fields, select Language and pick the language you want to watch (you can also select multiple languages using the CTRL button).

and under Format click the box Film or Video.

Click Find, and the catalog will pull up a list of movies in your language!

Happy movie night!

Share this post:
Facebook Twitter Tumblr
This entry was posted in Library How-To, U of I Library Resource and tagged , , by Denise Rayman. Bookmark the permalink.

About Denise Rayman

My name is Denise and I'm in my second year of study at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois. I am a Graduate Assistant at the International and Area Studies Library. I received my Bachelor's in Linguistics here at UIUC in 2011, specializing in Mandarin Chinese Sociolinguistics, and I also minored in Business. My husband also received his Bachelor's from UIUC in 2011, and he is currently a 2L here at the University of Illinois College of Law. I also work at University of Illinois Archives, where I answer reference questions and process incoming materials. I also worked at the Undergraduate Library for three years as a Student Assistant during while I was an Undergrad.