Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Newmark Lab, 205 N. Mathews Ave.Urbana, IL 61801
- Postdoctoral Training (June 2005 – Jan. 2007), Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Yale University, Advisor: Professor Menachem Elimelech.
- PhD in Environmental Engineering (May 2005), Department of Geography and Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Advisor: Professor Bill Ball.
- MS in Environmental Engineering (May 2004), Department of Geography and Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University.
- MS in Earth and Environmental Sciences (July 2000), Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Advisor: Professor Martin Flower
- BS with Honors in Geology (1995) Faculty of Geology, Ivan Franko National University of L’viv, Ukraine,
- Gaylord Donnelley Environmental Postdoctoral Fellowship, Yale University, 2005
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarship (declined), 2005
- AEESP CH2M Hill Outstanding PhD Dissertation Award, 2006
- NSF CAREER award , 2010-2015
- Faculty advisor for Engineering Without Border team that won: Engineering Open House – 1st Place in the Real World Category; Central State Water Environment Association and Water Environment Federation Student Design Competition – 1st Place; National Academy of Engineering Grand Challenges Summit Student Poster Competition – 1st Place, EPA P3 (People, Prosperity and the Planet) phase I and II award , 2010
- ASCE-EWB Sustainable Development Award for advising a EWB team that develops a sustainable engineering solution that explores innovative ways of effectively capturing and utilizing resources, 2010
- University of Illinois College of engineering award in research excellence, 2012
- University of Illinois Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering advising award, 2012
- CEE 330 Environmental Engineering, Spring
- CEE 442 Physical Principles in Environmental Engineering, Fall
- CEE 595G, Seminar for new Master students in Environmental Engineering and Science
Educational Outreach Activities
- Environmental Engineering Workshops for Proyecto CHE: TV program for a water treatment workshop
- Enginneers Without Borders Guatemala Water Project
- Environmental Science and Technology, Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Organic Geochemistry, Journal of Environmental Engineering, Biomacromolecules, Langmuir, Water Research.
- Symposium co-chair, Innovative approaches for studying the abundance, environmental fate and disinfection of waterborne pathogens, American Environmental Engineering Professor Biannual Meeting, July 26-29, 2009, University of Iowa.
- Symposium co-chair, Environmental Colloid and Interfacial Processes, 13th IACIS International Conference on Surface and Colloid Science and 83rd ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, June 14-19, 2009, New York
- Symposium co-chair, Material Science of Water Purification, Disinfection, Material Research Society Spring Meeting, San Franscisco, CA, April, 13-17, 2009.
- Session co-chair, Microbial Transport in Aquatic Environments, AGU Fall meeting, San Francisco, December 2008
- Symposium co-chair, Advances in Adsorption Processes for Drinking Water Treatment and Sourcewater Protection, 235th national meeting of the American Chemical Society, New Orleans, LA, April 6-10, 2008
- Symposium co-chair, Adsorption Processes for Drinking Water Treatment Symposium, 233rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Chicago, IL, March 27-29, 2007.
- Session chair for ACS Symposium on NANOPARTICLES, COLLOIDS, AND INTERFACES IN THE ENVIRONMENT, Clarkson University, June 2005.
- Professional membership: American Chemical Society (ACS), American Geophysical Union (AGU), Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professor (AEESP), Engineers without Borders (EWB)