Undergraduate Research Assistant, supervised by Prof J, Han (UIUC, CS)
- Participated in formalizing and optimizing the novel RLED algorithm.
- Conducted data preprocessing and entity extraction on geo-tagged real tweets datasets.
- Reviewed the literation and implemented two baseline algorithms including “Online localized event detection” and “event detection through wavelet-based spatial analysis”.
Paper submitted: RLED
Undergraduate Research Assistant, supervised by Prof J, Han (UIUC, CS) & Prof X. Ma (Peking University)
- Investigated dense graph mining theory and related works in the field of bioinformatics, community search and event detection.
- Designed the intelligent Diversified Maximal Dense Subgraph (DMDS) mining algorithm to discover cohesive groups in various network: biological network, social network.
- Implemented DMDS algorithm, conducted experiments and analysis
Paper submitted: DMDS
Senior Thesis, supervised by Prof Kevin, Chang (UIUC, CS department)
- Studied natural language processing theories including Information Extraction, Text Classification Model, and Named Entity Recognizer, with a deep investigation on the state-of-art sequential discriminative probabilistic graphical model: Conditional Random Field.
- Conducted experiments and analysis by utilizing Stanford Named Entity Recognizer (NER) library.
- Participated in the designing the automatic constraint-learning
Undergraduate Research Assistant, supervised by Prof Daniel, Work (UIUC, CEE department)
- Studied SVD, PCA and SPCA with EM to efficiently do computation on high-dimensional traffic dataset.
- Wrote Python code to process high volume and dimensional GPS data and generate analysis.
- Understood the principal of outlier and abnormal event detection based on the diagrams and animations of city traffic dynamic system.