Copies of the articles and book chapters are available online using the UIUC e-reserve system for download. Contact us with your name, net ID, and UIN, and we will add you to the list. Multiple copies of the plays are available through the University library as hard copies, but digital transcriptions of all are available at Early English Books Online: click here and then select the “go” button to search.
Thursday, 28th August 2014: 4:00pm, EB 104
- Negotiate meeting dates for the fall semester
- Establish year goals for the group
Monday, 15th September 2014: 5:00pm, EB 115
- Robert Greene’s Friar Bacon and Friar Bungay
- Keenan, Siobhan. “Chapter 1: The Acting Companies.” In Acting Companies and their Plays in Shakespeare’s London, 11-52. New York: Bloomsbury, 2014.
- McMillin, Scott. “Issues In Review: Reading the Elizabethan Acting Companies.” Early Theatre: A Journal Associates with the Records of Early English Drama 4 (2001): 111-115.
Monday, 13th October 2014: 5:00pm, EB 115
- George Peele’s The Battle of Alcazar
- Munro, Lucy. “Early Modern Drama and the Repertory Approach.” Research Opportunities in Renaissance Drama 42 (2003): 1–33.
- Discuss symposium CFP
Monday, 3rd November 2014: 5:00pm, EB 115
- Christopher Marlowe’s Tamburlaine I
- Knutson, Roslyn. “Marlowe Reruns.” In Marlowe’s Empery, edited by Sara M. Deats and Robert A. Logan, 25-42. Cranbury, NJ: University of Delaware Press, 2002.
- Optional: Christopher Marlowe’s Tamburlaine II
Monday, 1st December 2014: 5:00pm, EB 115
- Robert Wilson’s The Pleasant and Stately Moral of the Three Lords and Three Ladies of London
- Gurr, Andrew. “The company’s repertory practices.” In Shakespeare’s Opposites: The Admiral’s Company, 1594-1625, 162-200. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Establish meeting schedule for next semester
Tuesday, 27th January 2015: 5:00pm, EB 104
- Anonymous’ The Famous Victories of Henry the Fifth containing the Honorable Battle of Agincourt
- Tribble, Evelyn. “Distributing Cognition in the Globe.” Shakespeare Quarterly 56 (2005): 135-55.
Monday, 23rd February 2015: 5:00pm, EB 113
- Robert Yarington’s Two Lamentable Tragedies
- Taylor, Diana. “Acts of Transfer.” In The Archive and the Repertoire: Performing Cultural Memory in the Americas, 1-52. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2003.
Monday, 16th March 2015: 5:00pm, EB 113
- Christopher Marlowe’s The Massacre at Paris
- Worthen, William B. “Deeper Meanings and Theatrical Technique: The Rhetoric of Performance Criticism.” Shakespeare Quarterly 40, no. 4 (1989): 441-455.
Monday, 13th April 2015: 5:00pm, EB 113
- Thomas Kyd’s The Spanish Tragedy
- Ingram, William. “What Kind of Future for the Theatrical Past: Or, What will Count as Theater History in the next Millennium?” Shakespeare Quarterly 48 (1997): 215-225.
- Optional: Montrose, Louis. “Epilogue: A Kingdom of Shadows.” In The Purpose of Playing: Shakespeare and the Cultural Politics of the Elizabethan Theatre, 206-12. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996.
Conference: 24-25th April, 2015