MF3 Fellows select a capstone experience that will enhance their professional development in a self-directed area. Capstones must be pre-approved by the Amy McCullough by completing and submitting the Mavis Capstone Form by December 15th. The fellow’s Mavis and faculty mentors can provide guidance.
Below are some examples of capstone experiences.
- Develop a grant proposal.
- Complete the CITL’s “Foundations in Teaching” certificate.
- Job shadow a minimum of three (3) faculty members at different institutions and write a reflective paper (minimum five pages, double-spaced).
- Complete EOL 585, College Teaching.
- Participate in CTEN (College Teaching Effectiveness Network) or the student chapter of ASEE in a leadership role. Write a five-page, double-spaced reflective paper documenting the experience.
- Complete BIOE 598 Preparing Future Faculty; ENG 598, Creativity; or a pre-approved course focused on teaching.
- Complete CI 550, Methods of Educational Inquiry.