IEEE Workshop: How to Publish a Paper
Thursday, September 28 | Noon to 1:30 pm | Grainger Library, room 233 | RSVP by September 22 by 5 pm
Join EGSAC and IEEE to learn more about how to publish papers in IEEE periodicals and conferences, as well timesaving search techniques for finding technology content. In this session IEEE Client Services Manger Jalyn Kelley, will cover:
- Tips for selecting an appropriate IEEE periodical or conference
- How successful IEEE authors structure quality work to improve their chances of being accepted
- Insights into what editors look for in a submission and why editors and reviewers reject papers
- How to avoid common mistakes and ethical lapses that will prevent your manuscript from being accepted
- Tools & resources to help authors through the publishing process including IEEE’s AuthorLab, Publication Recommender, Graphics Checker, and Reference Preparation Assistance
- Strategies for using IEEE Xplore effectively for a literature review
RVSP at https://goo.gl/forms/CPMcgWwXBJKkbX2G3 by 5 pm on September 22.
Industry Networking Event
Tuesday, September 12 | 6:30 to 8 pm | Yeh Center Lobby of Newmark | RSVP
Join Industry Recruiters that are here for the Engineering Career Services Career Expo on September 12-13 for an informal networking event. This event is business casual. This is a time for engineering graduate students to connect and learn more the companies here for the Career Expo. Please RSVP by no later than September 5, 2017 at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/3464998.
CPT Process and Guideline Seminar
Tuesday, September 5 | 4 to 5 pm | 103 Transportation Building
Speakers: Illinois International Student & Scholar Services Office and Office of Engineering Graduate, Professional & Online Programs
Are you an international student? Are you planning to attend the upcoming Career Fair? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then this seminar is a must! You will learn critical information about the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) opportunity, including the guidelines that must be met to qualify for a CPT, the process of securing a CPT, and the course requirements of ENG 510.
2017 Engineering GradFest
August 24, 2017 | 3 to 6:30 pm | Lincoln Hall Auditorium, Foellinger Auditorium, and Engineering Quad
This event is for all incoming College of Engineering graduate students to help them understand the resources available to them as a graduate student and to allow them to network with other new graduate students. Incoming graduate students were sent an invitation to attend this event with the RSVP link. Any questions should be directed to Rhonda McElroy.