Important Reminder! You will have between May 22 and May 27 to elect the “pass COVID/no pass COVID (PZ/NZ)” option instead of a letter grade for any of your courses. For more information, see this FAQ!
MFA Public Reading:
The third-year MFA students in Creative Writing will be giving their public reading on Zoom: Saturday May 15 at 1:00. This year, the graduating students are Emmilea O’Toole, Cole Piedimonte, Beth Pearl, Erich Slimak, and Kyle Russell. Each will give a brief reading from their Final Projects. Come out and help celebrate their graduation and Mastery of the Fine Art of Creative Writing!
Meeting ID: 876 6466 5571
montage arts journal 2020-2021 issue:
The latest issue of Montage Arts Journal is available to purchase! Congratulations to all the featured writers and artists, and thanks to the editors for all their hard work putting it together. To all the creative writers out there who are hoping to be published some day, why not submit something to Montage next year? Keep an eye out in the fall semester for a call for submissions.
summer address changes:
Students, if you are leaving campus for the summer, please update your Student Location address in Student Self-Service:
- In Self-Service, select “University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign”.
- Log in using your NetID and Password
- In the Main Menu, select “Personal Information”.
- In the Personal Information Menu, select “Addresses & Phones”.
- Under the “Student Location” address, click the “Current” link.
- Update the “Valid From This Date” field with the date you will be leaving campus. Please note the date must be entered as MM/DD/YYYY, for example, 01/25/2021.
- Update your address to your location for the summer.
- Click “Submit” to save your Student Location address.
recruiting LAS 100 Interns for fA21:
Calling all LAS international students! Come be a part of the LAS 100 intern experience and receive paid summer training and 8 weeks of continued professional development during the Fall semester. LAS 100 interns are empathetic international students dedicated to supporting other international students during their first term at Illinois. Interns assist international students in adjusting to the university by sharing their own experiences of moving beyond their comfort zones. They are instrumental to the student experience as they facilitate weekly group discussions on diverse topics and assist students in completing their group projects and presentations. Through this opportunity, interns gain first-hand experience in problem solving, group facilitation, and cross-cultural communication. You can learn more and access the Handshake application here by logging in with your Net ID and password. If you have questions, contact Nikia Brown, Associate Director of Intercultural & Global Learning-International Student Experience, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
intern at the women’s resources center:
It’s that time of year again! The WRC is currently accepting applications for Advocacy, Programming, and Marketing & Communications interns. Links to applications are below, and they will remain open until all positions are filled. Please note that applications are only open to current UIUC students.
Summer and Fall Internships at ATLAS:
The ATLAS Internship Program is now accepting applications for any College of LAS students who are interested in learning how to integrate their course of study with technology-based internships. Positions currently open include VR content creator, social media specialist, website/newsletter content, and documentation and workflow specialist. Apply here.
Career Workshops at Career Camp:
You are invited to attend the following workshops at Career Camp the week of May 24.
- May 24 at 4 pm – Resume Shaping for Humanities Students
- May 25 at 4 pm – Grad School Now versus Gap Year
- May 26 at 4 pm – Internship or Job search, demystifying this process
- May 27 at 4 pm – So What are You Going to do with That Major?
- Make an appointment for the afternoon after each of these workshops (May 25-28) – 30-minute meeting times
Internships for Humanities Students:
See below for a list of available internships the their application deadlines:
- Business Team Engagement Intern (remote) at Foreign Policy (magazine) —closes May 28
- Sales Support Intern (Summer 2021; remote) at IQVIA —closes May 14
- Community Engagement Officer (Internship; remote) at White Duck Outdoors —closes June 30
- Innovation Intern at Empower –closes May 26
- Paid Summer Intern – Logistics Sales and Marketing at Edge Logistics —closes Aug 1
- Writing Internship – SEO Content Writing (remote) at Ecolink, Inc —posted May 4
- Social Media Research Internship (remote) at Rabble —posted May 4
- Media & Communications Intern (remote) at Black Economic Council of Massachusetts —closes May 17
- Internship – Coordinator, Marketing & Communications (remote; ends November) at Student Leadership Network —posted May 4
- Community Outreach and Communications Intern (remote) at Trust for Governors Island —posted May 4
- COVID-19 Response for Immigrant Justice Paid Internship (remote; bilingual English/Spanish) at Movement for Justice in El Barrio –posted May 3
- Professional Career Internship – Workday Recruiting Training Materials Development Intern (remote) at Argonne National Laboratory —closes June 4
- Marketing Intern at HMS Industrial Networks Inc —closes May 31
- Summer Marketing Internship at Rios Global —closes June 30
- Branding & Content Creator (remote; various humanities majors) at Lyric Foundation —closes May 16
- Associate-Sales Academy at Kansas City Royals —closes June 30
- Copywriting and Content Strategy Paid Internship (remote) at Perfect Search Media —closes June 5
- Assistant Booking Agent – Internship (remote) at In Touch Entertainment —posted May 6
- Research/Policy Intern or Cultural Strategy Intern (remote) at Free Press —closes May 28
- Program and Development Intern (remote) at OneVoice Movement —posted May 6
- Communications Intern, Marketing & Operations (remote) at Denham Wolf Real Estate Services —closes May 31
- Tourism Cares Programs & AdvancementIntern (remote) at Tourism Cares, Inc. —closes May 26