1. Our department’s “Director of Internships” does a lot of other things, too: putting students in touch with helpful alumni, reviewing resumes, suggesting possible career paths, helping students articulate their skills.
2. There are jobs for people with English and Creative Writing skills, and Kirstin Wilcox can help point you towards them.
3. It will make your parents happy.
4. It’s really not as painful or awkward as you think it’s going to be.
5. It’s easier than locating a job cannon and more likely to succeed.