These are a Few of My Favorite Links…
- U.S. Geological Survey: The education page of the USGS is a great place to start exploring the field of geology. The site includes links to pages on geology, biology, mapping, and water as well as links to other earth science and environmental topics.
- This Dynamic Planet: The story of plate tectonics
- HPGD: History and Philosophy of Geology Division of the Geological Society of America
- A Tapestry of Time and Terrain: The union of two maps – geology and topography
- Putting Time in Perspective: An excellent visual comparison of human, geological, and astronomical time scales
- Famous Geologists: “Rock Stars” blog
- Internet History of Science Sourcebook
- Try your hand at identifying some minerals or rocks, or putting geological events in order! These online exercises were created by Richard Harwood at Black Hawk Community College, Moline IL.
The header photo is from Lake Superior, Minnesota.