Become a Welcome Days Leader!

Be the I in Inspiration, Be the I in Information, Be the I in Illini

Applications Now Open!

What is a Welcome Days Leader (WDL)?

A volunteer entry-level leadership role that works in college associated groups acting as mentors and role models for new students attending The University of Illinois.

How do I apply?

Go to the New Student Programs web page and fill out the electronic application, or go to the New Student Programs office (4th Floor of the Illini Media Building on Green St.) to fill out a paper application.

Am I qualified?

To be a WDL you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5, have one university professional recommendation (we’ll send it to them, don’t worry) , be able to attend one of our three trainings (April 11, 20 or 25), and be a student on the main campus this semester and fall semester. Also, you must be able to get back to campus by August 18.

Why should I do this?

Not only is this a great resume builder, but you will directly be influencing the transition of new Illini to campus. This is your opportunity to be a mentor, learn more about campus, get some free Illini clothes, learn basic leadership skills and get back on campus early without those pesky classes getting in the way.

Questions: newstudent@illinois.edu