Frequently Asked Questions
- What food resources exist in Champaign County?
- I spend a lot of money on eating out. How can I reduce those expenses?
- When should I use my credit card vs. debit card?
- What are some ways to reduce spending in college?
- How can I lower the cost of my utility bills?
- What online tools can I use to track my expenses?
- How can I get help building a budget or spending plan?
paying for your education
- What payment plans are available?
- What do I need to know about making a payment?
- What due dates and deadlines do I need to know?
finances in tough times
- How can I manage my finances after an unexpected loss of income?
- My account is in collections. What should I do?
- What is a good tool to help manage my debt?
Your Student Refund
Resources on Campus
- University of Illinois Extension Financial Wellness: Learn to manage your money wisely and effectively in this program.
- USFSCO Student Money Management Center (SMMC): Find resources, information, webinars, and workshops on improving spending habits and your financial knowledge from SMMC.
- Navigating Life’s Financial Transitions (SMMC Recorded Webinar): In this webinar, discover resources for making major financial decisions at various points of your life.
CliffsNotes Graduation Debt: How to Manage Student Loans and Live Your Life by Reyna Gobel: Highlighted by the University Library, this electronic resource guides readers through managing significant debt after college.
- Establishing Your Roots – Getting Started with Financial Services (SMMC Recorded Webinar): Understand the pros and cons of various financial tools in this webinar.
- Schedule an appointment with a Financial Wellness Peer Educator:
Peer Educators can help with: managing spending, organizing finances, increasing savings, goal setting/planning, credit/debit card questions, credit reports, student loans, and more.
Resources in the Community
- The Best Time to Buy Anything All Year Round: Use this guide from Life Hacker to plan the most cost-efficient times to make purchases, big and small.